Tuesday 29 November 2011

iSheep

I'm going to try to write this post without launching into too many mini-rants but apologies in advance if I fail to curb my enthusiasm for this subject...

iPhones... they're not as good as you think they are. Something that really gets my goat is the way many (most?) iPhone users proselytize about their device.

To quote JackFM "A message to all iPhone users, you bought it, you didn't f*****g invent it".

The reason I can't stand this isn't because they like to tell me about the wonderful thing their phones can do though, I'm quite happy to chat about tech & features. The thing that pisses me off is that they think they hold the only device that can do the latest thing their phone does.

Case in point; Siri, Apple's 'new' feature that barely justifies differentiating the iPhone 4S from the iPhone 4. It's neat, it's clever and it's old technology. WHAT? OLD YOU SAY? Yes, old. Apple would have you believe it's a revolutionary new feature that nobody else can offer but it's been on Windows Phone 7 devices since their release in November 2010. See the article HERE for more info.

The bottom line is that iPhones are good devices, even great devices (though iTunes is another matter) but their users, largely are completely ignorant about smartphones and clearly do no research in advance of their purchase.

Apple are masters of marketing to their iSheep.

No comments:

Post a Comment